Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Round Midnight, from Cigars Ltd.

This is a black Cavendish, sweetened lightly (VERY lightly) with vanilla. It produces thick clouds of cool, sweet smelling smoke that seems to invite others to come enjoy it with you. The flavor is at least as pleasant as the aroma, light and fanciful right to the bottom of the bowl. So much so that I was a little depressed to find that I had already finished it. Packed lightly, it produces no moisture to ruin the last bit at the bottom, leaving only an extremely fine ash as evidence of its passing.  There's no struggle to keep it lit near the end, as so many aromatics do. A truly fine smoke that I'm sure I will be coming back to time and time again.

Tune in next time when I'll examine McClelland's 2015: Virginia/Perique Flake. Spoiler Alert! The outcome doesn't look good.

No comments:

Post a Comment